- The picture shows four nakshathra’s Hastha( 100% in Kanya), Chithra( 50% in Kanya & 50 % in Tula) , Swati(100% in Tula) and Vishaka( 75% in Tula). Their ranges, from table 1, are shown as vertical lines.
- We have already discussed the identity of Hastha as Constellation Corvus by Allen and Porrima by Balakrishna.
- Identity of Chithra is unique as Spica Virgo-a. Both Allen (Ref-1 pages 182,467) and Balakrishna (Ref-2) do propose Spica as Chithra.
- However, there is a great difference between proposed identities of Swati. Allen suggests that Arcturus Bootes-a as Swati where as Balakrishna (ref-2) suggests that Virgo-4i , to be Swati. Arcturus is at 20 N latitude while ecliptic is at 10S latitude creating a 30degree separation between the ecliptic and Arcturus.
- Identity of Vishaka as ZubenelGenubi Libra-3a is agreed to both by Allen and Balakrishna.